Did you know that you can really be wealthy by starting out with just a penny? You really don’t need any more than that. If you want to watch your money grow, just get a penny to start out with. Surely you have a penny to start with, so you can do this to actually gain wealth.
This process is done by just doubling your money over and over in a total of 28 steps. In your steps, you will start with a penny and with each step, double the money that you have in a manner that will be discussed in the rules of the game. By the time you reach the 28th doubling of your money, you will have gained real wealth.
This is simple, and very difficult to fail, so you can try it on your own. Just follow this pattern created by Steven Goldsmith and watch your money grow. Here is what you do.
- Get a penny. You can ask for one or find one. Surely you have at least one penny lying around. This is all that you have to do in order to gain wealth.
- You can never add your own money into the pool. You have to follow the rules of the game and only use the original money in order for it to actually work. Only use actual dollars and coins for the first 15 steps. After that, you can use checks, etc. because the amount of cash is significant.
- You must keep record of what you are doing in a journal. This is a very important way to learn what this process will teach you.
- You can’t spend any of the money until you have reached the final step. This step will leave you with a million dollars, so you will have a big portion of money to spend.
- If you lose money, you will have to go back to the step with the amount of money that you have. This can happen, and probably will happen to you at least once during the process.
- You can use any method to increase your money. Of course, at the lower steps, this is an easy thing to do, but at higher steps, you will have to think of more creative ways to make your money grow. And you don’t have to do it in one transaction.
This process seems easy enough. And there is much to be learned from it. You will learn that money can grow and you have complete control over the process. You have the power to make your money grow the way that you want it to.
After you get your penny you have to think of a way to double it. You could even ask someone else to trade you two pennies for your one. Maybe tell them it’s some kind of test, experiment, or just plain fun. Then, of course, you have to find a way to turn your two cents into four and then four into eight and so on. And you keep doing that.
One of the interesting things this throws up is the true nature of your realtionship with money. If you’re feeling this is all baloney, you may just be a real cynic. If you’re excited by the idea, but don’t believe it would work for you, then you may have negative associations about money that hold you back. Truthfully, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be as financially comfortable as anyone else. Age, intelligence, education level, height, weight, skin color, looks – none of those things matter. We all have an equal shot at deciding how much we’ll make. It’s just that some people don’t decide very well.
Look, there are plenty of unintelligent rich people and some of them are ugly, short, fat and balding. And there are lots of poor, really clever people around. If you tell yourself that you can’t make money, or nothing ever works for you, guess what? You’re going to be right. And if you tell yourself that you’re as entitled to make money as anyone else, guess what? You’ve just given yourself permission to succeed.
So as you read the rest of this little article, make a note of how you feel about the steps. Because if you’re feeling a lot of resistance to the ideas, something about your money beliefs is pulling you back. Isn’t it time you took control of your own belief system?
Whether or not you know it, as your money grows, you will be in effect training yourself to think like a rich person. You will learn to approach life like a wealthy person in all you do, and will therefore become more successful in general. You will also learn to think outside the box and be more creative when it comes to making money.
Of course for most of us it’s just not that easy to keep doubling our money every time, but this whole intellectual exercise is designed to show you some ways of thinking that little bit differently about money. After all, it’s not many years ago that an enterprising young man started out with a paperclip and kept trading up for different items, until he hit a million dollars.
This process is a great exercise that can actually help you make the wealth that you want in less time than you ever thought you could. It will also help you change your way of thinking so that you can become wealthy. And all you need to do this is just a penny!